PURPOSEFUL ACTS FOR AN IMPROVED LIFE
What is your intention in life? Is it to grow in business, grow in your relationships, or generally grow as an individual?
Many people don’t often take the time to think through these questions or set specific intentions. Intentional acts can help us achieve our goals, align with our higher purpose, and live out our dreams.
GOALS VS. INTENTIONS
Goal setting helps us envision what lies ahead, define what we want, and build a plan to get it done. But it can also take us out of the moment and emphasize what we don’t have. Those who set goals and don’t achieve them can lead to a sense of failure.
A goal is the desired result you work toward, while an intention is a chosen theme that allows you to create balance in your life.
Intention setting can lay out the path toward focusing on who you are and defining what matters most within your set of personal values. Building your life around these factors can boost your physical and emotional energy, motivating you toward your greater purpose.
Setting intentions and committing to them can significantly impact your life.
EXAMPLES OF SHIFTING YOUR INTENTIONS
There are numerous reasons you may look to make an intentional shift in your daily life.
But for a dose of inspiration, here are a few examples:
- Shift Toward Kindness: “I intend to show kindness as I move throughout my day by remaining open in my interactions with others.”
- Shift Toward Self-Discovery: “I intend to meet myself with kindness and curiosity to find inspiration and clarity as I move toward achieving my goals in life.”
- Shift Toward Positivity: “I intend to meet life’s moments with gratitude, love, and happiness.”
Everyone is different, and intentions will solely depend on personal values.
BENEFITS OF SETTING INTENTIONS
When setting an intention, we must first be specific and realistic. Take an internal inventory and reflect upon who you are, where you want to go in life, and what you want to deliver to the world around you.
Because intentions greatly vary, their benefits are vast. Some of these benefits include:
- Improved physical and emotional health
- Greater clarity and focus in life
- Increased productivity and creativity
- Enhanced relationships with others
- Open yourself to new experiences
- Allow yourself to shift toward a growth mindset
The list goes on. Setting intentions can provide clarity for creating space for personal growth, happy living, and enhanced relationships with the world around you. It can guide you toward living a more fulfilling life as a daily practice.
When we shift our focus from goals to intentions, we open ourselves up to limitless possibilities for growth and happiness. It allows us to focus on who we are and what matters most in our lives.
If you’re unsure where to begin, and are looking for further support and guidance, reach out and schedule an appointment today. Let’s set an intention to get you moving toward the fulfilling life you deserve.